Monday, April 27, 2009

Year of the Power Tools!



That's right, ladies and gents we made it to the year mark. It was quite a year with lots of love, laughter and some not so good times. So I decided to name each year of our marriage...there was a huge theme during the first one...POWER TOOLS. We have two different kinds of sanders now, a power drill, and a miter saw. Obviously for fixing up the house.

Here's a few of our milestones (Sorry for lack of pictures, I can't find the cord to connect the camera to the computer):

* We bought our first house.
*Liz graduated from USU.
*Doug crashed his Hyundai Accent right before we went to Denver for our Annual Bronco's game trip.
*We bought a new car....a 2009 Silver Toyota Corolla LE, not new but new to us.
*We refinanced our house...dropped our interest rate by 1.5%.

Fixing up the house is going slow...we just work too much. We do have the master bedroom painted, but we need to refinish the hardwood floors before we can move into it.

For this special occasion Doug made sure we could spend two whole days together. He got us a room at a Bed and Breakfast down in Sterling, Utah. Many thanks to my sister Sarah for watching Jada for us.

We can't forget the oh so delicious cake that has been sitting in the freezer for a year.



Liz's Mom stored it for us and gave it to us last week. Doug thawed it out yesterday... we were kind of skeptical on the taste...it was AMAZING...it tasted like it did when we first ate it. We were shocked.


(December 2008)



(April 26, 2008)

I am so lucky to have found such a wonderful man.
I love him so much and am so grateful for all that he does for me. Thank you so much Doug.
Here is to another great year...and the rest of our lives.

-Liz

3 comments:

Saunders Family said...

Please tell me that Jada is a dog/cat and not a child... if not, I'm going to feel really bad that I didn't know you had a baby!

Doug and Liz said...

LOL! You are so adorable Ash. Yes, Jada is our Dog.

Emily said...

You are alive! It was fun to read about your happenings this past year - our first year was a landmark year too and while I'm grateful for the memories, I'm glad it's over and we're in a new phase of life. :)