Thursday, May 17, 2012

Unforgettable Anniversary.

We celebrated our 4 year anniversary by going to a Jazz game. We got to go to the very last home game of the season. It was a so so game...nothing spectacular because the Jazz had already made it to the play offs. My cute sister/ family were so kind to watch B while we went.

That same night shortly after we arrived at my parents. My sweet Grandpa passed away.

Grandma and Grandpa at B's baby blessing 2008.


Grandpa was diagnosed with Melanoma last year. They had removed some of the cancer but ultimately he was to frail for aggressive treatments. They tried getting him into a clinical study but he did not qualify. 

Life Legacy


Robert Moss Stringham passed away April 26, 2012, Bountiful, Utah at his home from Melanoma Cancer.

He was born April 4, 1923 in Bountiful, Utah. He was the son of Jed Roland Stringham and Laurella Moss Stringham. He had 2 brothers, Jed Hugh and Moss Roland: and 4 sisters, Lucile, Marie, June and Joyce.

He lived in Bountiful, Utah most of his life. Graduated from Davis High School in 1942. Robert was a veteran of W. W. II serving in the Pacific and Japan.

He married Lucille Call in 1946 in the Salt Lake Temple. They have nine children: Mark (Jan), Robert David, John Dell (MaryEllen), Myrna Hansen (Ken), Catherine Sorensen (Bryant), Janet Andersen (Keven), Loraine Stringham, Phillip Stringham, Marian Remy (Michael).

Robert & Lucille served 15 years as service Missionaries at the Museum of Church History and Art. He made many of the wooden toys for the Museum gift shop.

Robert served in many positions in the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He served in the Elders Quorum, President of the Sunday School, a Scout Master and Home Teacher.

He is survived by his wife, 9 children, 23 grandchildren and 25 great grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, 2 brothers, 2 sisters, 1 granddaughter and 1 great granddaughter.


Of course I am blubbering while I write this :) It is so weird for him to not be sitting on his front porch. I was lucky to have grown up living next door to my Grandparents. My sweet little B was there the whole night keeping everyone's spirits up while they knew that Grandpa's time was coming near. We were all there with Grandma when Grandpa passed on. What an experience I will never forget. I am forever grateful that B got to know her Great-Grandparents.


I will miss him teasing B about being scared of him.  Once she got used to him she would wave hi to him and even hug his knee on occasion when he was sitting in his recliner.
 I will miss him sneaking pieces of the Thanksgiving turkey...it was always the dark meat and he would always give us a piece before Grandma would chastise him.
I will miss him keeping watch over us from the front porch, but I know that he is watching over us from heaven and that we will see him again one day.


I will never forget the moment we had with B after the Family Prayer. She was squirming in my lap and I finally set her on the floor and she grabbed my had and started pulling. I leaned down and asked her if she wanted to go say good-bye to Grandpa and she firmly said yes to me and pulled me over to the casket. I picked her up and I teared up as she waved bye to Grandpa and blew him a kiss.


I am so grateful that Grandpa is no longer suffering. His last days were very painful. I miss him very much but know that he is in a better place and that we will see him again.

0 comments: