Thursday, July 12, 2012

Memorial Day/ Scandinavian Festival

Almost every year the Hansen family treks down to Ephraim Utah for the Scandinavian Festival. We always have a blast. This year was a bit windy...well a lot a bit. Instead of being rained out like most years it was so crazy windy that most of the vendors up and left. The food as always was amazing. Doug, B and I went up on Friday and spent the night in Manti. We got to enjoy the evening on campus and eating our Swedish Meatball dinner. So Yummy!  An absolute must when you go. It was so nice not to wake up early for the 5k race. My sister Sarah usually does this race with me...she is not supposed to run but she always makes an exception for this race that we started doing together in high school. This year Doug and my sister Tina did it with us.  Sarah had a goal to beat me...she did last year..even with all my training. I was so mad. So this year I had plans to totally kick her butt! I have lost a bit of weight since last years race (a separate blog post will come about that). The race started a bit early...as in I was walking up to the starting line when they blew the whistle...and there were people still in the restrooms. The weather was so nice...slight chill to the air and the wind had died down. In other words a perfect race day. The run felt GREAT! I was able to run the whole thing without stopping!!! I even finished in better time that I expected....29:54!!!


A collage of our evening.
Dinner yummy!

B would not sit down to eat...to busy people watching and climbing on the table.

The parade. We love this parade...they throw a ton of candy and other stuff...B had a nice stash when we came home. Unfortunately our adorable dog ate it all the night we got home.

This clown has been in the parade since I can remember as a little girl. He usually rides a tiny bike...but I think he is getting up there in the years and is not able to peddle anymore.


Sarah and D with B...she just walked up and held her arms out to him...first time!

Even Ronald McDonald showed up.

Fascinated with the Dancers at the Student Center.
 As a family we usually grad our lunch of Fresh Sanpete County Turkey and piccadilly chips. So delicious!!!

The air show at Hill Air Force Base on our way home.

If you have never been to the Festival you should go. It is so neat and there is tons to do and eat!

0 comments: