Wow, I can't believe it is already March. Time is flying by so fast, before I know it Baby Boy will be here. Yikes...I don't know if I am ready to be a Mom of two.
January ended with a nice snow storm the weekend that Grammy Vic and Aunt Kathleen came to visit.
 |
| Grammy and B playing with blocks before Grammy has to go home. |
 |
| While Mom shoveled the girls played hard. |
We had a scary experience a couple of days later when B broke out in hives...
 |
| That morning the girls decided to switch pajamas. |
 |
| After B's nap I found this on both of her arms. She was itching them like crazy. Called the Dr. and the nurse advised me to give her Benadryl...so I loaded us into the car to go buy some. We will always have some in our house from now on. The hives went away by morning. So after her 6 am dose I did not give her anymore. |
 |
| During the day we played lots. I kept noticing these red spots on her ankles and thought her elbows and knees looked a little red and swollen. So I called the Dr. and the nurse said to bring her in later that day. |
So we chilled at home waiting to go to her Doctors appointment at 4:00pm. B began to be really clingy and all she wanted to do was sit in my lap in the recliner. It was such a nice day that I told her we were going to go for a walk and set her down to get ready and she started freaking out that she couldn't walk... what the heck! Okay so we sat some more in the recliner and B finally fell asleep. After she woke up I really had to pee (TMI) and made B go too. I sat her on her potty and looked at her legs and asked her to sit back to I could see them and this is what we found!!!
 |
| Mommy freak out moment! |
Turns out B was having an allergic reaction to something...not sure what and probably won't unless it happens again. Her pediatrician classified it as
Urticaria with joint pain and swelling. No wonder she wouldn't walk her joints hurt. He prescribed her some steroids and Benadryl. We had to keep the Benadryl in her system until 24 hours after the hives completely went away. We went through almost a whole bottle. Later that night after her first dose of steroids she was finally able to walk. She was so excited! She walked around the house saying "I can walk!...Look Mom, I can walk! Mind you it was bed time and I was trying to get her into bed :)
 |
| Not the greatest picture of Doug however its the best picture of the hives on her face. |
The hives finally went away and she has been fine since. The Dr. said that a reaction this severe is normally caused by a medicine. Fortunately or unfortunately, however you look at it, B had not been on any medicine for over 3 weeks so we are not sure what caused this. We think it might have been something she ate at the Olive Garden the night before. I would love to know what caused it but will be perfectly happy if it never happens again.
Super Bowl Sunday in Logan.
 |
| Morning before heading up. B and Daddy both on the pods playing games in our Bed. |
 |
| Grammy surprised B with the new dress right before we went to Church with Aunt Kathleen for Family Day. |
 |
| We came home and made some yummy food to enjoy while watching the Super Bowl. Here is B with Uncle Adam. She had to sit by him. |
 |
| Painting Grammy's toe nails! I am glad she gets some girly time somewhere. I am not big on painting nails or toes. B loves having her toes done. |
Taking a walk with Ducky!
 |
| Mommy in training :) |
Happy Valentine's Mommy...you better check the oven before you turn it on or you might get this:
 |
| RIP: 2 baby dolls, a plastic hamburger, a cup, and a bottle. Only 1 survivor the bottom with pretend milk in it in the back. |
The smell was horrific and I think I traumatized B with my reaction! She is afraid of the oven now. Later that morning she told me she cooked her baby dolls. Poor girl, she freaks out when she finds this picture on my phone.
The night before I made dozens of cookies to take to Activity Days...we made this special one for Daddy!
My sweet sister Sarah rescued me from my misery at home with the melted dolly's and we went and hung out with an awesome family she was watching.
 |
| The girls loved playing on the tramp. |
 |
| They loved playing with J, E, A, and I. |
 |
| We then hit up Kohl's to do some birthday shopping for the kids older sister. A and B playing with the carts. |
A few days after the hives got better B came down with a nasty cold and just as I thought she was completely over it she started having a random fever while we were visiting Grammy Vic and Papa Vince and hitting up an Aggie Basketball game.
 |
| Playing in the snow at Grammy's. |
|
B's fever spiked at almost 105 degrees...freaked me out! Called the Doctors and got her in quick. Turns out she had a nasty case of ear infections...as the Dr. put it puss filled bulging ear drums. Poor girl. This winter season has been horrible to her with being sick.
I finally got tired of itching my hand and asked my Dr. at one of my appointments what to do about this:
 |
| 4 days and 2 medicines later it is finally getting better. |
I think B is ready for warm weather. What do you think?
 |
| Daddy's swimming suit. |
 |
| Sun hat. |
 |
| Back story: I was watching the news that they talked about a place in Germany that built an indoor beach in a airplane hanger. B saw the beach and got so excited. Asking if we could go to the beach. I told her we were going to go this summer. She then proceeded to tell me that Daddy would go in his swimming suit and that her back pack would go. It was pretty funny. Love that she is in her Santa PJ's :) |
|
Doug rides the Front Runner train to work and we have talked to B about it numerous times, especially since she sometimes is in the car with me when I pick him up or when we pick his car up. Doug has been wanting to take her on it for awhile. The first day we planned was when B got her latest case of ear infections and was pretty miserable, so we had to bag that day. So we finally worked it out and met up with Doug at the Gateway and walked over to the new North Temple stop. I loved that it is so close. We have plans to take the train our there and have lunch with Daddy one of these days.
 |
| Waiting for the train. |
 |
| Here it comes! |
 |
| B did so good. Even though she didn't want to sit in her own seat. I saw them off on the train and then met them in Woods Cross and we enjoyed root beer ice cream cones at A&W. We enjoyed the evening at Aunt T's playing on the play ground, playing the Wii and eating dinner. |
Belly updated:
 |
| 31 weeks 4 days |
Don't mind me, I feel like crap in this picture. Stupid cold with a nasty cough! Failed nap and a sick kid who wouldn't take a nap. As of now Baby Boy will arrive on April 25th via a scheduled C-Section. I am feeling huge but know I will get bigger. Baby Boy is moving tons now and likes to keep me from going to sleep at night. I passed my glucose test with flying colors!! Was so happy to not have to do the 3 hour test. I also got my
RhoGAM shot at my last appointment. My hip is feeling much better and I have been able to do a lot more these days. We even went for a walk yesterday! It was so nice to go and not have a ton of pain the next day.
 |
| Its crazy to see this when a month ago it was completely covered in over a foot of snow |
Lots to look forward to over the next 2 months...
Easter, Baby Animal Days, and the arrival of Baby Boy!
0 comments:
Post a Comment