I know its been too long, but I finally have internet connection for my (Liz) computer. So as some of you know we did have car troubles on our way to Mount Rushmore...

We were 15 miles from our destination and it had the same problem as before...kind of the same. Good thing we had got a AAA membership the week before, so we were able to be towed into town cheaper then the first tow. We spent a day and a half sitting in our Hotel and walking up and down the street to find stuff to do. We even bought the game Yatzee to entertain ourselves. Doug even got me reading James Patterson's Women's Murder Club Mysteries...and I was hooked...we even had to buy another one when we were at the mall...the mall there had a Target in it..weird, I know.
We finally rented a car so we could go see Mount Rushmore....

We are on our way...we got a PT Cruiser for our rental car...

On our way I saw this sign...and most of you know I am the biggest fan of Christmas...Doug would not stop for it...I was bummed.

Mount Rushmore...we made it!!!

There is a trail that goes right under the monument and they was this sign at the start of the trail...I thought it was funny.


We were 15 miles from our destination and it had the same problem as before...kind of the same. Good thing we had got a AAA membership the week before, so we were able to be towed into town cheaper then the first tow. We spent a day and a half sitting in our Hotel and walking up and down the street to find stuff to do. We even bought the game Yatzee to entertain ourselves. Doug even got me reading James Patterson's Women's Murder Club Mysteries...and I was hooked...we even had to buy another one when we were at the mall...the mall there had a Target in it..weird, I know.We finally rented a car so we could go see Mount Rushmore....

We are on our way...we got a PT Cruiser for our rental car...

On our way I saw this sign...and most of you know I am the biggest fan of Christmas...Doug would not stop for it...I was bummed.

Mount Rushmore...we made it!!!

There is a trail that goes right under the monument and they was this sign at the start of the trail...I thought it was funny.

This is us on the trail...
This is for the ladies that I am doing a Healthy Challenge with!
This cute old couple asked us to take a picture for them...so we did and then they wanted to take one of us...
This is as we were driving out of the exit from the monument...they did not even run away when we drove by...
Here are some more deer...yearlings actually (as Doug put it)...if you look closely they are along the guardrail.
Well I will post more about Yellowstone tomorrow...things to look forward too...we say a 3 minute old baby bison and watched it's first steps..then we got to see a Mama Grizzly bear and her two cubs. I was so excited about it, Doug thought I was almost too excited (mind you this was Doug's first time to Yellowstone and he almost became a Wildlife Biologist, instead he became an accountant.










0 comments:
Post a Comment