Monday, September 29, 2008

Autumn is finally here. When the leaves start changing and the weather gets cooler, I just get so excited. I have so many things to look forward to.

#1 Halloween...most may think I just love trick-or-treating. Nope I love my Mom's homemade spud nut donuts. This has been a tradition in my (Liz) family for years. We set up a tent on the front lawn of and my mom starts making the dough early in the day. My Dad cooks them out side in dutch ovens. We also have a bonfire in the drive way for people to warm up, as well as hot cocoa and hot apple cider. My favorite part is the decorating. It has been my job for many years. I have lights galore and cute table cloths. This event has gotten bigger as the years have gone by, if I recall correctly my Mom made 10 batches of dough last year...which yields about 100 donuts per batch. We will have to see how many are made this year.

#2 Thanksgiving...yes the food is good but the best part is the day after! BLACK FRIDAY!!!! My sisters and I have been getting up early for years now and we just love the thrill of getting up at 3 in the morning and waiting in line at different stores. Half the time I don't even buy anything, but we all help each other out in finding items and holding a place in the checkout line so we can get to the next store as quick as we can.

#3 CHRISTMAS MUSIC...I love Christmas music. I used to drive my roommate Amilya crazy because I would start listening to Christmas music the day after Halloween. There is even radio station that starts playing it that early. I have also been known to start a little early when I was stressed with school research papers.

#4 SNOW is coming...more on this later when it starts coming :)

0 comments: