... doing this...
With this...
crazy I know but it's all we have and our neighborhood has tons of those crazy sticker weeds. So whats the point in getting a jogging stroller when I would most likely get a flat tire every time we went out. Baby B does not seem to mind...I can usually hear her jabbering, especially over the bumpy parts...those are her favorite.
For the past two months I have been training for the Scandinavian Heritage Festival 5K. Last year I was not able to participate or even go because I looked like this:
and Dr. F said it was just too far away for how far along I was. Huge bummer.
So while it is not raining Baby B and I try to get out and run. Doug joins us when he can. A few weeks ago he rolled his ankle while we were out...not fun at all. So he has slowly been getting back into the swing of things. The other day he mentioned that with all my running (really jogging)...how would I feel about trying to do a half-marathon. I was like what the heck...really...me a half-marathon. I don't know about that. But it got me thinking and I started doing some research. After looking at some training schedules I thought I could probably do it.
So I am.
Here is what I am thinking:
May 28th 5K Ephraim, UT
July 15th 10K Legacy Midnight Run
August 27th Half-Marathon TOU
October 8th Half-Marathon Layton Half
If anyone would like to join me..the more the merrier. Warning: I am not a fast runner.
To train for my 5K I have been using the C25K (Couch to 5K) app on our itouch. Love it! I am looking into getting an app for the 10k and half-marathon.
So that is what is going on in our life right now. Baby B is growing like a weed...we have been packing away a ton of clothes lately that she has grown out of. She still only has 2 teeth but it looks like the top front four are forming very nicely...not sure if I want all four to come in at once though. Baby B loves it outside. At first she was not sure about the grass but she will crawl on it now and loves to play in the dirt. :)
Baby B is getting to be a picky eater...she will refuse to eat her food(baby food from a jar) but will eat ours off our plates. Not a good idea. So we pulled out this:
We love this food mill from Kid Co. Thanks Emmy for the great gift! The other night we had spaghetti and meatballs with some veggies. All we did was toss some of everything in and grind it up. Baby B loved it and we didn't have to feed her from our plates.








0 comments:
Post a Comment