We are so excited to add to our family in May 2013. Although it could be the end of April. Only time will tell.
I have been so much sicker with this one than I was with B. Unbeknownst to us I was in the early stages of pregnancy when I ran the TOU Half Marathon. A couple of days after the race B and I came down with some nasty colds that did not go away for a month. While we were sick with colds all the pregnancy symptoms started. The pregnancy test we just icing on the cake. So while being sick with colds I also had to endure all-day-sickness. Poor B and H suffered some lack of attention during this phase. Hence the beautiful mural I have on my living room wall and the usual mess of toys.
I never woke up nauseated. It always came after breakfast and stuck around all day long. It was a pretty miserable 3 weeks with the cold and all-day-sickness. During that time meat became my enemy. I also could not stand veggies. It was awful. That had been my focus for the last 8 months...eating healthy..aka veggies and meat and some breads/starches. I lived on cereal, PB&J's, Greek yogurt, and crackers.
Speaking of crackers...I must have been eating a ton of them in front of B. One night she woke up and could not settle down until she had some milk. So I settled her on the couch while I of course had to run to the restroom. Came back and she asked for crackers. I told her honey its 3 in the morning why do you need crackers. While patting her tummy she tells me "baby tummy." Oh honey too cute. So I got her a cracker.
I haven't put on much weight thank goodness. Of course I am stressing over it...since the last 8 months I had been focusing so much on losing the weight. My main focus now is just to gain a healthy amount of weight. I am looking forward to eating better and feeling better.
We are now at 13 weeks and I still have some day-sickness but it is getting better. I still have a hard time with cooking and smelling most meats. Cafe Rio/ Costa Vida has helped me get some protein. I have also started hitting up Keva or Jamba Juice to get some veggies and protein.
| Baby's first picture! I call this the Alien baby stage. |
Baby was measuring a little small, but is healthy and growing great.
I am already popping out of my pants. Many thanks to my belly band. The other day I pulled out my maternity clothes and there is no way I will be able to wear the pants for this pregnancy. They drowned me. Doug says that's a good thing...I know that. But now I have to get all new pants. Since I now stay home with B and only work a little there is not a lot of extra money. So I will be hitting up one of those second hand maternity stores with my old ones and see what I can find.
I know we told B a bit early that we were having a baby but I was just too excited. She sometimes will mention it but not that often. However whenever she is asked what kind of baby Mommy is going to have she will respond with "2 Big Babies" Oh goodness. Sorry B there is only one in there.
| B is ready to be a big sister. She has got the diapering down :) |





0 comments:
Post a Comment