Sunday, September 2, 2012

Bountiful Handcart Days Half Marathon

Before the race.

Here we go!

Coming around to the finish line.

I finished with a time of  2:24:15! I was pretty excited. It was so fun to run by my parents house and see my Mom, Aunt Janet and B standing outside in her jammies with her cute panties on over them. ADORABLE!

Thanks to my sweet hubby for coming and supporting me. When I signed up for the race we got a ticked included for the Chuck Wagon Breakfast. During the registration process I was able to buy discount tickets for my family members so we decided we would do that for breakfast after the race. I don't think we will be doing the the breakfast again. The food was not that great...it could have been my post race stomach. The lines were huge and not well planned out. It was pretty crazy.

It was a crazy day. After the race we headed home to get cleaned up and took a break...I was pretty sore...and got B down for her nap.  Then I headed to work to cover someones shift. Them hurried to my parents and changed clothes because we had tickets to the Pioneer Day Concert featuring the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and Orchestra at Temple Square and acclaimed Welsh mezzo-soprano Kathrine Jenkins. I was not sure what to expect with the concert. It was pretty AMAZING!! My parents were good sports and enjoyed the night with us:) Many thanks to my sister for watching B.

0 comments: