| Coming down the final stretch. |
| Getting closer... |
| Oh look there's my family. I almost missed seeing them. |
| Cute B had the best seat at the finish line. |
| Family Photo-op. |
The race started out very chilly. I heard the temp was in the 40's. Many thanks to my in-laws for the use of a jacket. After a last ditch run to the Honey Pots :) and accidentally opening the door on someone..hello lock your door!!!! I was trying to make my way through the mass of runners to get to my pacer...I was planning on being in between 2:10 and 2:20...hoping for a sub 2:20. Well then the gun went off and I was stuck at the 1:40's oh goodness. So of course I had to go with the crowd. I did my thing and kept to a good pace. My first 7 miles ranged from 9:08 to 9:17...wow! It was down hill so that was nice. After that I kept my pace about 9:30. I was so excited to actually run the entire race!!! A first of many to come!!!
I also tried something new with this race..a total no no because I did not use it during my training runs...
That's right I used baby food!!! It was the best. Usually I eat bananas on the way but I usually had to stop to chew and swallow and down water after to get the after taste out. This was perfect. I slowed my pace a little and was able to swallow like it was water...then picked my pace right back up. I only used one. Half at mile 7 and half at mile 10. I also used Gatorade and water and took a few orange slices along the way. I will totally use this for the rest of my races!
I came in with a time of 2:11:09.9!!! Woot Woot. I actually never saw the 2:10 pacer so I first thought I came in under the 2:10 mark. One day it will happen. Thanks to my Hubby, B, Aunt Kit Kat, Grammy Vic and Papa Bince for coming to the finish line and cheering me on. It meant a lot to have you all there.
Now I am contemplating the Halloween Harvest Half.





0 comments:
Post a Comment