Monday, September 3, 2012

Weight Loss has Finally Clicked!!!

I owe a huge Thank You to Drew and Lynn Manning. I first heard of them from my brother Pete who met them while going to school at Southern Virginia University. Drew decided to gain some weight to help him empathize with his clients who were trying to lose weight. He ended up gaining 70 pounds and whole new view on life. Check out his website: Fit2Fat2Fit. Through all of their sacrifices I have finally been able to lose weight...easily and quickly. This is no crash diet...it is a life style. I have finally learned how to eat to lose weight and to maintain my weight. I have to admit I did not follow their plan to a T. I printed out some of the FREE menu plans and adapted them to my families likes and dislikes. I did not follow their exercise program because I was following my own training plan for my half marathons. I have now completed both races and could not be more thrilled with my progress and achievements.  I started officially on February 1st and have lost about 39 pounds.

Gained way more than I wanted to during my pregnancy!!! June 2010. I gained 32 pounds during my pregnancy.
Oh the chub!!! October 2011 my first half marathon. 25 pounds lost since giving birth.

April 2012. 1 Pants size Down!!! 46 pounds downs.

July 2012. 2nd Half Marathon!! 63 pounds down.


 August 2012 3rd Half Marathon!!!! 71.2 Pounds down...total this year alone 38.4 pounds. 2 pants sizes down!!!


By no means was this easy. Doug will vouch for that. Lots of frustration and learning. I have now figured out that eating is a way to fuel my body and not my emotions, but that it is okay to have a treat once in a while and that it won't mess with your progress.I still have a ways to go till I reach my healthy ideal weight. I plan to lose about 30 more pounds. Just want to thank everyone for their love and support.

I am looking forward to many more half marathons. One day I may attempt a full marathon but for now I am satisfied with my accomplishments and maybe one day I can get Doug to run a half marathon with me...hint hint Honey :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome job! I've only vaguely thought about running a half marathon... maybe I'll have to actually commit to one and use it as motivation.

And awesome job on working on taking control of your behaviours, that is awesome :)

mid said...

https://www.niaharyanto.com/2019/05/pinjaman-kta-solusi-untuk-tambahan.html